Japanese horror stories, audio and transcript


YouTube is full of channels where Japanese narrators read horror stories aloud.
These kinds of resources could be very useful in order to improve your listening comprehension of the Japanese language, but I think it's even more useful if you have a transcript at hand.
If you are a student of Japanese you know how effective it is to have audio with a corresponding text for study purposes.

I find transcripts by reverse-searching chunks of text starting from the audio narration.

I listen to a small chunk of audio and I transcribe it, to search it later on Google.
This way I'm able to find the corresponding full story in the written form.


This is a collection of Japanese horror stories.
To find the corresponding audio search the folder's name on YouTube.

Click here to access the transcript repository. [19 june 2022: link was broken; should work now.]

Please subscribe to my Facebook page if you want to be updated when I upload new stories.


Last updated: [13 january 2020]

220 stories (50 hours of audio)

Previous updated: [26 november 2017]

144 stories (40 hours of audio)



Directory structure:

jhorror
--youtube_channel1
----video1
------transcript1
------transcript2
----video2
------transcript1
------transcript2
------transcript3
--youtube_channel2
----video1
------transcript1
------transcript2


For example this path:

jhorror > ごまだんごの怪奇なチャンネル > 【怪談朗読】怪談朗読セレクション in 2016.11【つめあわせ】> 08-人か幽霊か.txt

corresponds to the 8th story of this youtube video (at min. 1:34):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kASB6ZAh0NI&t=5646s


YouTube



Google Drive



I hope you enjoy this as much as I am! Please have fun :3